ALLOY601 is a solid solution strengthened Ni-Cr-Fe alloy with additions of Al + Ti
- outstanding resistance to oxidation at high temperatures
- good resistance to carburizing conditions
- good mechanical properties at both room and elevated temperatures
- good resistance to stress-corrosion cracking
Alloy 601 is specifically recommended for service above 550 C (1022 F) because of higher creep-rupture properties, resulting from controlled carbon content and coarse grain size.
Stock Form and Sizes
Round BarSpecification:ASTM B166/B564¦@ASME SB166/SB564¦@NACE MR0175(ISO 15156)
¦B564/SB564 Apply to Forged Bar Only
¦@1000o@2000o@£3000o@¡3500o@4000o@2500o`3990o¦@Rolling Thread sizes available in C276(M4 to M10)
Hex BarSpecification: ASTM B166
Sourcable Ex-Stock Material for Other Forms from Japanese Distributor
Rod & Wire
¦@¢EEELimited Sizes Only@EEEPlease enquire
ALLOY 600 is a heat resistant alloy on account of its excellent resistance above 550 C (1022 F) against hot gases and combustion products, as well as against molten salt and molten metal corrosion, while at the same time exhibiting good mechanical short-time and long-term properties. Even under severe conditions, such as under cyclic heating and cooling, Alloy 601 retains a tightly adherent oxide layer which is very resistant to spalling.
Resistance to carburization is good. Alloy 601 has also shown good resistance in carbonitriding conditions, if a sufficiently high oxygen partial pressure is present.
ALLOY601 has found a wide variety of applications in industries as diverse as thermal and chemical processing, pollution control and power generation.
Typical applications are:
- trays, baskets and fixtures for heat treatment plant
- refractory anchors, strand-annealing and radiant heater tubes, high-velocity gas burners, wire mesh belts in industrial furnaces
- insulating cans in ammonia reformers and catalyst support grids in nitric acid production
- components in exhaust gas systems
- combustion chambers in solid waste incinerators
- tube supports and ash-handling components
- components of waste-gas detoxification systems
- oxygen preheaters
Mechanical propertiesiRound Barj
|Condition||Yield Strength(Mpa)||Tensile Strength(Mpa)||Elongation(%)||Hardness(HB)|
|ASTM Min Value||Solution Annealed||205||550||30|
|Typical Values at RT||Solution Annealed||294||686||55||130|
International Specification Comparison chart
- All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only and not for technical design purposes. We do not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information on our website is strictly at your own risk. and we will not be liable for any losses and damages in connection with the use of our website.