ALLOY B2 iHastelloy B2j
ALLOY B2 is a corrosion-resistant, solid-solution Ni-Mo alloy.
- controlled chemistry with a minimum iron and chromium content to retard the formation of ordered -phase Ni4Mo
- significant corrosion resistance to reducing environments
- excellent resistance to medium-concentrated sulphuric acid and a number of non-oxidizing acids
- good resistance to chloride-induced stress-corrosion cracking (SCC)
- good resistance to a wide range of organic acids.
Stock Form and Sizes
Round BarSpecification: ASTM B335/B564¦@ASME SB335/SB564¦
¦B564/SB564 Apply to Forged Bar Only
¦@1000o@2000o@£3000o@¡3500o@4000o@2500o`3990o¦@Rolling Thread sizes available in C276(M4 to M10)
Sourcable Ex-Stock Material for Other Forms from Japanese Distributor
Rod & Wire
¦@¢EEELimited Sizes Only@EEEPlease enquire
The extremely low carbon and silicon content of Alloy B2 reduces precipitation of carbides and other phases in the heat-affected zone of welds and ensures adequate corrosion resistance even in the welded condition.
Alloy B2 exhibits excellent corrosion resistance in aggressive reducing media such as hydrochloric acid in a wide range of temperatures and concentrations, as well as in medium-concentrated sulphuric acid even with limited chloride contamination. It can also be used in acetic and phosphoric acids. Optimum corrosion resistance can be obtained only if the material is in the correct metallurgical condition and exibits a clean structure.
ALLOYB2is used in a wide range of applications in the chemical process industry, especially for processes involving
sulphuric, hydrochloric, phosphoric and acetic acid.
Mechanical propertiesiRound Barj
|Condition||Yield Strength(Mpa)||Tensile Strength(Mpa)||Elongation(%)||Hardness(HB)|
|ASTM Min Value||Solution Annealed||350||760||40|
|Typical Values at RT||Solution Annealed||411||892||60||185|
International Specification Comparison chart
- All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only and not for technical design purposes. We do not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information on our website is strictly at your own risk. and we will not be liable for any losses and damages in connection with the use of our website.